Engineering Manager – Ontario
Eastern Fabricators Ontario Division, located in Woodstock Ontario is a custom manufacturer of Stainless Steel equipment providing millwrighting and installation services, has an immediate ground floor opening for an Engineering Manager to work closely with our Ontario Manager, and the PEI Based Engineering team on all aspects of Project Management, Installation Supervision, and Equipment Design. The successful candidate must have 10 years’ experience in project management, excellent computer skills, oral and written communication skills and must work well in a group or unsupervised. National and International travel required. Please submit a resume by email to email@example.com.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing Office functions implementing EFI business systems for Ontario division using existing support staff from PEI
- Building up Engineering staff as workload volume demands.
- Overseeing Shop manufacturing in conjunction with Shop foreman
- Planning and managing all aspects of client projects including initial scope development, proposal development working with team, oversee design drafting staff assigned to the project, track equipment through manufacturing, change order management
- Installation preparation, On Site supervision in conjunction with Lead Installer
- Preparing project documents as required, project scope, task lists, project schedules, project cost working estimates, change orders, project closure documents in a detailed and timely fashion
- Understanding project scope definition and scope change details as they occur, communicate and negotiate change orders with clients proactively on a timely basis as they occur.
- Creating and reviewing 2D/3D models, layouts, and conceptual drawings with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design and project management, ideally with a custom stainless equipment fabricator and/or with a food processing company
- Strong work commitment
- Ideal candidate: Strong practical skills, Proven track record, have a high degree of common sense engineering
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng and PMP certification, or Engineering Technologist degree would be an asset but not a requirement
- Extensive experience managing in a cross functional team environment, ability to lead and inspire
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and technical writing skills
- Ability to think ahead, proactively, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Fast processor of information, energetic, ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility to travel to the customer’s site in Canada, the United States, and Internationally as required.
- Knowledge of typical manufacturing accounting procedures